Silverchain’s WA Community Specialist Palliative Care Service, previously the Hospice Care Service, provides in-home specialist palliative care services for eligible clients within the Perth metropolitan area as defined by the Department of Health Western Australia.
Community Specialist Palliative Care Service
- Interdisciplinary specialist palliative care team support
- Access to respite, personal care, equipment and consumables
- Bereavement support
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Excludes clients in Residential Aged Care facilities (RACF)
Palliative Nurse Consultancy
- Available to services and organisations who do not have timely access to Specialist Palliative Care Services.
- RACF can access this service.
- Provided by Registered Nurses only.
- Medical governance maintained by GP.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If the client does not meet the eligibility criteria above, other avenues of support may be:
You may call us 24/7 to help you navigate the palliative care needs of your clients.
No cost to client.
How to refer
Referrals to the Community Specialist Palliative Care Service can be received from either a Medical Practitioner or a Specialist Nurse Practitioner.
Referrals to Palliative Nurse Consultancy can be received from Medical Practitioners, Specialist Nurse Practitioners and other health professionals in consultation with the client's General Practitioner who is required to maintain medical governance.
- Check referral criteria.
- To refer, you can either:
- Fill in the Community Specialist Palliative Care referral form; or
- Write a referral letter outlining the client’s history and the reasons for referral to a specialist palliative care service.
- Provide additional information where available such as discharge summaries, specialist letters, scans, pathology, advanced care plans, medication lists.
- Send the referral documents either as:
- fax to 1300 601 788; or
- email SCReferrals@silverchain.org.au; or
- via HealthLink EDI: VIRGINIA.
- To provide updates on client care or to provide medication orders, fill in the Update Form.
- For enquiries, phone 1300 512 322 to speak to a Palliative Care Liaison Nurse, available Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 4.30pm, or the Clinical Nurse Manager outside these hours.
- If you have an URGENT referral, please call 1300 512 322.