A Home Care Package (HCP) is one of the government subsidised aged care options available for older Australians.

A HCP is often the next step on from receiving funding for services through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP).

With a package the government will support you with funding to put towards your care. You have flexibility to use these funds to receive services that meet your care needs and goals.

Depending on your assessed needs there are four levels of care that you can be approved for. These range from Level 1, which may include services like home and garden maintenance and transport services, to Level 4 which often includes complex care like nursing and allied health services.

If your situation or needs change, you can be re-assessed through the government aged care service My Aged Care.

Services you can receive through HCP

  • Social support and companionship
  • Transport
  • Respite support
  • Allied health care
  • Personal care
  • Meals & food preparation
  • In home Nursing care
  • Domestic assistance
  • Home & garden maintenance

Silverchain provides the full range of HCP services to support you now and as your needs change.

Contact us
Related links

Domestic Assitance 

Help at home to keep it clean and comfortable.

Read more

Home & Garden Maintenance

Support to maintain your home and garden, keeping it safe and tidy. 

Read more

Meals & Food Preparation

Help with grocery shopping, preparing meals, and making sure you eat well.

Read more

Respite Support

Care for family members and carers, so they can rest and recharge.

Read more

Social Support & Companionship

Support to keep you socially active, connected, and independent.

Read more


Support to travel to your appointments, the local shops, or other places of interest.

Read more

Refer to us

To recieve government funded aged care, please contact My Aged Care through their online form, calling 1800 200 422. Alternatively your GP can make an e-referral.

Home Care Packages (HCP) services


Services are available in Perth and some regional areas of Western Australia (WA), Adelaide South Australia (SA), and greater Melbourne, Grampians, Golden Plains and Moorabool in Victoria (VIC).

Availability varies by capacity and location. Contact us to see what is available in your area. 

Private care

Services are also available for a fee for service (private funding) in WA, SA, and QLD. We also provide private services in greater Melbourne, and some parts of regional Victoria through Silverchain Private Care.


Our services are suitable for people who may need a little support with everyday tasks due to age, impaired mobility, illness, or disability. 

If you are 65 years and over or are of Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander decent and are over 50 years, you may be eligible for Government Aged Care Funding for these services.

If you have been assessed and received Aged Care Funding like the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP), a Home Care Package (HCP), Short Term Restorative Care (STRC), contact us to arrange the services you need. 


To access funding for our aged care services, talk to your health professional or contact My Aged Care and ask for an assessment.

If you have government aged care funding, you can use this to pay for all, or the majority of the services you need. 

You may be required by the government to pay a Co-Contribution Fee towards the services you receive based on your financial circumstances. 

We can help you access your funding and manage any payments you have, so contact us today.

Find out more about our costs and contributions.

See our WA Private Services Price List for more details.

For Silverchain Private Care, visit our Fees and Charges page and contact us for more details.

Please contact us to obtain a quote for private services in SA and QLD.

News feature

Barbara receives nursing visits twice a week through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme and daily personal care through her home care package.