Being socially active is essential to maintaining good mental health and wellbeing.  

We can help you stay connected with your family and friends and continue to do the things you love.

Our care team provides elderly social support that can help you indulge in your favourite hobby, visit family and friends, and even try something new. We offer a range of services to keep you connected to and involved in your community and help you maintain your independence.

Activities we offer may include: 

  • Transport to and support to visit a café for a coffee or going shopping.
  • Attending local community events like football games, theatre, or other spiritual activities with like-minded people.
  • Helping you spend time with your friends at home.

In Western Australia we have a number of dedicated Social Centres designed to bring people together and to help you connect with others.

We support clients with a range of activities such as music and art and craft sessions, meal preparation, gardening, and social outings in the community.

Our services are suitable for any person who may need support with everyday tasks due to age, impaired mobility, illness, or disability.

Find out how to get started, so you can receive care at home, call our Contact Centre staff or complete our contact form today.

Call us now
Related links

In-home Aged Care Services

From a little support at home to regular nursing care.

Read more

Respite Support

Care for family members and carers, so they can rest and recharge.

Read more


Support to travel to your appointments, the local shops, or other places of interest.

Read more

Refer to us

To receive Government Funded Aged Care, you can refer your patients to My Aged Care through the online form, calling 1800 200 422, or using a GP e-Referral.

Social Support & Companionship services


Services are available in Perth and some regional areas of Western Australia (WA), Adelaide South Australia (SA), and greater Melbourne, Grampians, Golden Plains and Moorabool in Victoria (VIC).

Availability varies by capacity and location. Contact us to see what is available in your area. 

Private care

All services are available as a fee for service (private funding) in WA, SA, and QLD. Private aged care services are available in greater Melbourne, and some parts of regional Victoria through Silverchain Private Care.

Availability varies by location and capacity, please contact us to see what is available in your area. 


Our services are suitable for people who may need a little support with everyday tasks due to age, impaired mobility, illness, or disability. 

If you are 65 years and over or are of Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander decent and are over 50 years, you may be eligible for Government Aged Care Funding for these services.

If you have been assessed and receive Aged Care Funding like the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP), Home Care Package (HCP), Short Term Restorative Care (STRC), contact us to arrange the services you need. 


To access funding for our aged care services, talk to your health professional or contact My Aged Care and ask for an assessment.

If you have Government Aged Care Funding, you can use this to pay for all, or the majority of the services you need. 

You may be required by the Government to pay a Co-Contribution Fee towards the services you receive based on your financial circumstances. 

We can help you access your funding and manage any payments you have, so contact us today.

Find out more about our costs and contributions.

Private care

See our WA Private Services Price List for more details.

For Silverchain Private Care, visit our Fees and Charges page and contact us for more details.

Please contact us to obtain a quote for private services in SA and QLD.

News feature

Thanks to Silverchain, slowly and with care, Sylvia rekindled her passion for playing the piano with Sheila’s help.