For most older Australians, the cost of home care is subsidised by the Federal Government. Funding options are determined on an individual basis following an aged care assessment.
What type of aged care funding are you looking for?
Home Care Packages
Home Care Packages are available in four care levels, determined by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). Each level comes with a set level of annual funding, which can be allocated to provide the support services needed to maintain your health, social life and independence.
Home Care Package Pricing Schedule (as of 1 September 2021)
6am to 6pm
|Personal care, social support, respite||30 mins#||$38.75||$54.45||$69.15||$78.55||$92.20|
|Domestic assistance||1 hour||$68.10||Ask for quote*||Ask for quote*||Ask for quote*||Ask for quote*|
|Allied health - professional||1 hour||$168.65||Ask for quote*||Ask for quote*||Ask for quote*||Ask for quote*|
|Allied health - therapy assistant||1 hour||$100.55||Ask for quote*||Ask for quote*||Ask for quote*||Ask for quote*|
|Group social outing||1 hour||$36.65||Ask for quote*||Ask for quote*||Ask for quote*||Ask for quote*|
|Social centre visit||Per visit||$89.05||Ask for quote*||$125.70||$125.70||Ask for quote*|
|Light gardening||Please contact us for a quote|
Last updated: 1 September 2021
# The minimum service charge is 30 minutes, and services will be billed in 15 minute blocks thereafter. Visits less than 60 minutes will be charged at the quoted 30 minute rate.
* We do not generally provide these services outside of weekdays. If you require these services outside of weekdays, please contact us for a quote. Additional services purchased on top of the value of your package will be charged at the rates listed above.
Other fees and charges
|Fee type||Frequency||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4|
(managed by Silver Chain)
|Package management||Per day||$2.50||$4.35||$9.50||$14.40|
Download a copy of our Home Care Package Pricing Schedule.
Care Management is an essential component of every Home Care Package and ensures you receive the appropriate level of support that meets your current and future care needs. Your Care Co-ordinator:
- works to set up your care and services plan aligned with your personal goals and keeps it within your package budget
- coordinates and schedules your care and services
- regularly reviews your care and services plan with you to ensure it suits your needs.
The Package Management fee covers the costs of administering your Home Care Package including:
- management of your package funds
- preparation of monthly statements
- quality assurance and compliance activities.
Income-tested fees and basic daily fees
These fees are controlled by the government and include the:
- basic daily fee – this is currently capped at a maximum of 17.5% of the age pension, or $9.44 - $10.54/day depending on your package level. You can choose to pay this fee, or part thereof, depending on the level of care and support that you require.
- income-tested fee – this is determined by the Department of Human Services based on your assessable income. It does not include the value of your home or other assets.
We understand plans change. If you need to cancel your service, please give us at least 24 hours notice. Otherwise a cancellation charge may apply.
We can engage external service and equipment providers on your behalf for a 10% processing fee. This ensures safety and quality monitoring.
We do not charge a travel cost to come out to your home, or for travel completed within your visit.
If you receive a Home Care Package, you may be eligible for additional supplements. These can be for:
- specific care needs – such as dementia and cognition support, oxygen or enteral feeding
- a Veterans’ supplement.
Ask your care co-ordinator about supplements when you meet with them.
We offer our home care services on a private, fee-paying basis. There’s no waiting list and no need for an assessment which means you can get the care you need right away. Find out more about private services.
We have an experienced team who can tell you about our home care programs, and help you understand government funding and whether you are eligible.
Contact our team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Estimating your fees
You can get an estimate of the fees and payments you may be asked to pay for aged care using the My Aged Care fee estimator.