Silver Chain Group supports the National COVID-19 Vaccination Program. It aligns with our client-centred approach to health care. All our staff, including clinical care providers, are regularly being strongly encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccine as it becomes available to each eligible population group based on the government advice.
While some staff are already vaccinated others are not.
There are several reasons for this, such as:
- While the COVID-19 vaccine is strongly recommended, it is not mandated by law
- Across Australia, there are different approaches to rolling out the vaccine, so it is not available to everyone at the same time
- The changes to the rules for phase 1b (for all clinical staff) by age grouping and by vaccine type mean many of our staff are waiting until they can access vaccination.
At this stage, like every other health service provider in Australia, Silver Chain Group is unable to guarantee the availability of COVID-19 vaccinated staff for provision of aged and health care services, including during home visits.
In the meantime, all COVID-safe precautions remain in place such as:
- All staff undertake appropriate hand hygiene and PPE precautions as matter of good clinical practice
- All staff are encouraged to stay away from work if they display any cold and flu type symptoms and are asked to get tested for COVID-19.
We will continue to monitor and follow all COVID-19 health advice and guidelines as mandated by each state government. The vaccines used in the program have been determined as safe and effective by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).
We take the safety and wellbeing of our clients and staff very seriously. Organisationally we support this with our Best Care approach to the delivery of aged and health care services nationally.