With the spread of COVID-19, some Australians are choosing to wear face masks. In Melbourne, face masks are now compulsory outside of the home.
Wearing your mask incorrectly can put you, your family and other people at risk. We have made a video to help guide you on the correct way to put on, care to be undertaken while wearing the mask, and proper taking off technique. These principles can be applied regardless of the type of mask being worn (surgical or cloth).
Always remember, a mask is not a substitute for other precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other flu-like illnesses. Infection prevention and control standards include the following additional key measures:
- Hand and personal hygiene
- Cough etiquette and respiratory hygiene
- Seeking medical advice when required
- Not attending work while sick
- Physical / social distancing
- Frequently cleaning the environment and other contaminated surfaces