Providing clinical care for remote communities with little to no medical support in town.
Remote Area Nursing Post (RANP)
Remote area nurses plan and co-ordinate a range of services including:
- Emergency services in collaboration with RFDS, WACHS and other emergency services
- Non-emergency appointments for clinical services
- Communicable disease prevention and management
- Chronic disease management
- Primary health care
Remote WA locations:
No cost to client.
Rural and remote health services are funded by the WA Country Health Services (WACHS).
How to access remote area nursing services
- Call the Contact Centre on 1300 300 122 and ask to be directed to the Remote Area Nurse at the remote site location.
- The Contact Centre will check if the Remote Area Nurse is available and will transfer the call through.
- The Remote Area Nurse will determine what service is required and will also facilitate referrals from other medical services if required.